Thursday, June 19, 2008

Ode to Kung Fu (Panda)

Before, when I am asked about my favorite animated movie, I would automatically say Shrek. I love Shrek so much. He makes me happy. But now, I would like to announce that I have a new love. He's also big, but much more cuddly. He's a panda. PO.


I was able to watch Kung Fu Panda last weekend, and the movie was no doubt the best animated movie I have ever seen. The story line was refreshing, and the script (and their delivery) was beautifully written -- so funny and crackling with wit. The adorable Jack Black starts the movie off with a bit of story-telling in a dream sequence:

Po: Legend tells of a legendary warrior whose kung fu skills were the stuff of legend.It is said that his enemies would go blind from over-exposure to pure awesomeness!

Hahaha, 'awesomeness' made me laugh (so Jack Black, think Pick of Destiny), and it was a propitious omen that only more good stuff can come out of this movie.

But even the body movements, the sequence and timing of events, were so funny that several times I had tears in my eyes from laughing too hard. At the top of my head, the funniest scene I could recall is the acupuncture scene, where Tigress (played by Angelina Jolie) was talking to Po --

Tigress: This is just a big joke to you. [Po makes weird face -- tongue hanging out and eyes through the roof -- and Tigress goes to slap him with claws]
Mantis: Wait, wait, my fault! I tweaked his facial nerves! And may have also stopped his heart.



And there is so much more!!! Got this from imdb --


Po: There is no charge for awesomeness... or attractiveness.

xxx

Tai Lung: The Wuxi finger hold!

Po: Oh, you know this hold?

Tai Lung: You're bluffing. You're bluffing! Shifu didn't teach you that. Po: Nope. I figured it out.Skadoosh!

xxx


Mr. Ping: We are noodle folk. Broth runs through our veins.

xxx

Tigress: It is said that the Dragon Warrior can go for months without eating, surviving on the dew of a single ginko leaf and the energy of the universe.

Po: Then I guess my body doesn't know I'm the Dragon Warrior yet. It's gonna take a lot more than dew, and, uh, universe juice.

xxx


as Po bounces down the palace steps] Tigress: If he's smart, he won't come back up those steps.

Monkey: But he will.

Viper: He's not gonna quit is he?

Mantis: He's not gonna quit bouncing, I'll tell you that.

xxx


Tigress: You would think that Master Oogway would choose someone who knows kung fu.

Crane: Or be able to touch his toes.

Monkey:Or see his toes.

xxx

xxx


Oogway: [walking towards Po] Ah! It seems that you have found the peach tree of wisdom! Po: [Po turns around with a lot of peaches stuffed in his mouth] Oh! Is that what this is? I'm so sorry! I just thought it was a regular peach tree!

xxx

Po: I just ate... so my kung fu may not be as good as later on.


DEAR PO: I wanna hug you, and squeeze you, and call you mine.... :)

2 comments:

Taroogs said...

whoa... new blog na 'to a :-) all the while my link was still to your old one.

Si Jack Black naman ang on-off fave comedian-singer-voice talent ko. hehe

Ms. J said...

Oo, gusto ko naman easy-breezy blog :)