Thursday, April 17, 2008

Newbie!!!

Since blogging became a world-wide phenomenon, I have been greatly interested in it. The lawyer in me balked at the thought that virtually anyone, from any place in the world, can write about anything under the sun -- harmless or damaging, socially-relevant or just plain inane -- and hide behind their anonymity. I cringed at the lack of responsibility, of moderation, of checks and balances, in blogging, that embolden otherwise cowardly people to peddle false rumors to discredit people they hate, or to just wage an all-out campaign to destroy people's reputations. Having been one of the victims of such vicious blogging, I became averse to it for a while.

Then I started reading really interesting, meaningful blogs. And I was convinced that there is still a place in the blogosphere for people who only want to memorialize their thoughts, who just want to vent after a hard day, or who merely desire a creative outlet for their burning advocacies and ideals. So here I am. A certified newbie to the world of blogging, far far away from the security of my friendster posts which only my friends can read. Hello, world! :-)

2 comments:

Fernado said...

You can't let the petty people of this world get you down. Some people are truly lost and scrape their way through life by attempting to bring others down to their level. I applaud you on you're "taking the higher ground" outlook. It was truly enjoyable to read your posts so far and I look forward to any updates in the future. Good luck on your blog.

Ms. J said...

Thank you, Fernado :-)