Thursday, April 17, 2008

Boob Tube favorites

Work takes up much of my time that I can only squeeze in a precious few hours before I hit the sack for my beloved tv. Of course, I still have my weekend dose of dvd marathons, mainly of Boston Legal and House, but there are three reality shows that I just cannot miss watching, and if I do, you bet I am going to get oh-so grumpy:

1. American Idol, season 7: AI people are given to exaggeration, but I absolutely concur in the assessment that this has got to be the best season ever in terms of talent (I did not watch seasons 1 and 2 though so consider my concurrence as limited only to season 3 onwards). My favorite: David Archuleta and Jason Castro. David A. is just a real sweetheart who can, oh by the way, hit those powerful high notes and manage to look so cute and soulful in an I-want-a-little-brother-like-him kind of way. On the other hand, Jason Castro just strikes me as a genuine, honest-to-goodness artist. He may not have David A.'s or David Cook's range, but he knows what he's got and he sure knows how to make the most of it. AI always makes my Wednesday and Thursday nights. :-) [Sad that Kristy left, guess it was long overdue but I really didn't care much for Brooke's rendition of Hero last night. Guess some things are really just too little too late]

2. Project Runway: oh man oh man oh man, the latest season of PR [Christian Siriano, Rami Kashou and Jillian Lewis] is the best one yet. For most of the season, I really wanted to throttle Christian with all his insensitive comments and 'i'm-so-fabulous-and-you're-all-pathetic' mentality. Plus, I couldn't really understand all the hating against Rami, who I thought was magnificent. Sure, he drapes a lot, but he's done so many other challenges where he went out of his Grecian comfort zone and surprised the judges with his versatility [the Hershey's challenge immediately comes to mind]. Oh, Rami, please make all my gowns... but I'm afraid I can't afford you. Jillian... was alright. But the one person I loved most in the season was Chris March. Love him love him love him. No matter that he used human hair for the final runway challenge prior to Bryant Park and that Rami's collection was stronger in my opinion, I just so badly want good guys to win. Christian won and well, okay, at least he became humble in the last episode. :)

3. ANTM: I do not have the height or the body to become a model, and I guess I've always been so interested in what I cannot have. I've had this preconceived notion that models are not really smart, but I'm glad I was proven wrong by ANTM. Of course there are still the duh models, and I cannot believe all the drama in the house, the nasty are just too many to mention, but I've been very happy with the winners so far, especially Naima, Danielle and Caridee (Caridee being my hands-down favorite). They say people love to live vicariously through others, and when I'm watching ANTM, I think I know exactly what they mean. I want Tyra mail! I want stretch limo! I want makeover!!! But please, I don't want any of the banshee-like screeching, the name-calling, the granola-bar stealing (Bree vs. Nicole), or any of the other crazy stuff. My absolute favorite, Tyra blowing her top coz a contestant just pooh-poohed her elimination. Classic. I like Tyra (for the most part, and I feel bad that I take it against her that she's gained weight), but i think Heidi Klum is just divine.

So... everytime I feel bad that I have so much work, I just think to myself, it won't be long before AI. :-)

3 comments:

Jazz said...

"No matter that he used human hair for the final runway challenge prior to Bryant Park..."

-- Really? This makes me want to go out and get a copy of the new season DVD. I love Project Runway, too! Sadly, I've only seen the first two seasons. And yeah, Heidi Klum is divine. :)-- Jazz

Anonymous said...

david cook is not chubby. yun lang.

golda said...

oi fave ko din ANTM.at dahil sa project runway, naghahanap na ako ng sewing machine sa ebay.kahit hindi ako marunong magtahi.